Saturday, March 19, 2011

FORGIVENESS


Every breath I take, every second I live,
Every choice I contemplate, every wish I make,
It reflects what I am, I was and will be.
Always going down that memory lane,
Brimming with those childish swears,
Crammed with overwhelming emotions,
Packed with broken promises,
Overcrowded with reminiscences.
The past eclipses my present,
Strangled in the times of yore,
Choked with regrets and errors,
I find it hard to move on.
My innovation and vision seem to have lost,
Lost the ways in thick mist of confusion.
I stand in front of the fork of this path,
Two choices to decide the next,
To fall back on regrets or to start afresh.
Hesitate to try the latter, live in the former,
But that’s where we go wrong,
It is our actions and thoughts,
Which formulate opportunities and circumstances,
It is we who feel disheartened when things don’t come our way.
If we can forgive others for their mistakes done onto us,
Then why do we make it hard for us to live with ourselves,
Why don’t we forgive ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment